This chocolate banana smoothie and mousse recipe is so healthy, so delicious and so easy to make. You get two different textures with the same exact ingredients.
With my discovery of a healthy and natural sugar substitute, Lakanto, that actually tastes and measures like sugar, with no aftertaste, opened up a whole new world of low carb dessert possibilities.
You see, being on my Intermittent Fasting for Weight Loss plan, I need to eat low fat and low carb. This recipe hits the spot.
First, I was in search of a low fat, low carb hot chocolate. Then, I decided to make a smoothie for a sweet snack while at work.
The mousse part wasn’t planned, and was a surprise outcome when I decided to heat things up.
Try it for yourself!
This post contains affiliate links. Please see full disclosure for details.
12 oz Raw almond milk – Follow recipe at RAW VEGAN – THE ANTICANCER DIET SIMPLIFIED
1 Tbsp Raw cacao powder
1 tsp Maca powder
1 Tbsp Lakanto
Throw all ingredients in a blender and blend for about 20 seconds on high. Pour in a glass and enjoy!
Heat almond milk in a pot on the stove until it comes to a boil. Then throw it and the rest of the ingredients in a blender, and blend for about 30 seconds. Pour into several containers and place containers in the refrigerator until cold. Enjoy!
What I love so much about this recipe is, not only does it fit my diet, but it also keeps me full for hours. It satisfies my sweet tooth without the fat and sugar content, and it’s super healthy!
See for yourself:
- Is a great substitute for cows milk and it’s lower in calories and carbohydrates as well. It’s cholesterol and saturated fat free.
- Switching from cows milk to almond milk will not increase your chances for cancer as cow’s milk does.
- It’s a great source of calcium, manganese, potassium, magnesium, and riboflavin.
- Soy milk encourages breast cancer cell growth, while almond milk has no effect at all
- Is a superfood that supports energy and vitality.
- Promotes balance in the body.
- There are so many to benefits list. Check out a post from Medical News Today on 10 health benefits of maca root.
Raw Cacao Powder:
- It has 4 times the antioxidant power of dark chocolate and 20 times the amount in blueberries.
- A great source of carotene, calcium, thiamine, riboflavin, protein, magnesium, sulfur, flavonoids, essential fatty acids and magnesium. Put all this together it’ll help fight heart disease, reduce cholesterol and prevent cancer.
- It raises your serotonin levels, relieves stress, helps you stay alert, and is said to be an aphrodisiac.
- Rich source of fiber and nutrients like, potassium, Vit B6, Vit C, magnesium, copper, manganese, protein, and antioxidants.
- Helps in digestion by providing resitant starch that feed friendly bacteria, which then prevents colon cancer.
- Keeps you fuller, longer, therefore, aiding in your weight loss strategy.
RAW CACAO POWDER
Live Science – https://www.livescience.com/51695-almond-milk-nutrition.html
Food Facts Mercola – https://foodfacts.mercola.com/cacao.html
Health Line – https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/11-proven-benefits-of-bananas#section1
The content of this website is research done by me, Linda Edwards, author of blossomingwidow.com.Everything you find here is for informational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, cure, prevent or treat any medical condition. The information you find here is not to replace your relationship with your physician or other medical professionals. The information is not intended for medical advice but rather, sharing with you knowledge I have gained through research and experience. If you apply any information you find here, it is based solely on your own discretion, and at your own risk. Linda Edwards / blossomingwidow.com shall not be held liable for any reason.